Xizang (Tibet): Gongjue (Gongjo) Xian.
Luosong Dengzhu; ca. 8.6 km in a straight line NW of city of Gongjue.
Rocky meadow with Kobresia, Spenceria, Bistorta, Artemisia (with Cotoneaster appressed to rocks); scrub thickets of Caragana, Potentilla, Berberis, Lonicera and Ribes; and stony slopes and limestone cliffs and boulders
Meadow on slope.Tepals yellow in about 80 percent of population, white in remaining 20 percent; lower surface of petals with bluish green marking at base on plants of both flower colors.
D. E. Boufford, B. Bartholomew, D. A. Eaton, X. H. Li, R. H. Ree, B. Xu, J. P. Yue, J. W. Zhang & X. X. Zhu